School Based Health Center
The School Based Health Center
West Side Middle School
CHILD & FAMILY AGENCY OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT, INC
School Based Health Center Staff:
Mental Health Clinicians:
The mission of the Agency and of the SBHC is to promote the well-being and development of all children and their families in particular to give priority to the unmet needs of children lacking physical, emotional, and intellectual care and nurturing. Our goal is to provide the health care that allows the child/adolescent to maximize their school experience. The SBHC is licensed by the Department of Public Health. We provide confidential physical and behavioral health services to students on site. Parents must sign a permission form for student to use the center.
Primary Services Offered by the School Based Health Center
- Physical exams for school, camp and sports
- Treatment of acute injuries and illnesses such as colds, ear infections, sore throats, and skin infections.
- Prescriptions and dispensing of medications
- Laboratory testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexual transmitted diseases
- Case finding and treatment for chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Health education (such as classes for children with asthma)
- Classroom presentations, often with school staff (example, anti-bullying)
Open to All
All students whose parent/guardian has signed a registration/permission slip form may use the SBHC, regardless of income or health care coverage.