Thames River Magnet School is excited for the hands-on experiences inside and outside of the classroom as we dig deep in the earth and sea! "
- Jamie Giordano, Principal of Thames River Magnet School
TRMS students will engage in daily instruction in all core content areas combined with an environmental/life/marine sciences focus. As our learning and exploration grows, students will have access to hands-on opportunities to investigate and connect with life outside the classroom and school community through hands-on research and fieldwork exploration in our local area.
Opportunities Students Will Enjoy:
- Outdoor lessons in a community garden Greenhouse with composting and rain barrels.
- Indoor hydroponics and/or aquaponics
- Aquariums with fresh and salt water living animals and plants
- Green Team and Recycling Program.
- Enrichment throughout the year to connect the various themes through Art and Technology
Thames River Magnet School will also Welcome groton Public Schools Preschool, Pre-K, and TK programs!