Each classroom provides a designated snack time each day.
Students are to bring a snack from home to eat during that time.
All students are encouraged to bring healthy snacks such as fruit, veggies, cheese, yogurt, whole grain crackers, rice cakes or other foods low in sugar and fat. Candy, gummy treats, and chips are not acceptable.
Children may not bring the following items for snack as these are known choking issues for young children:
- whole grapes
- hard pretzels
- chunks of raw carrots
- hot dogs
Our classroom is a peanut/tree nut-free room. Please check all ingredients to make sure there are no nut or trace nut products.
Low-fat milk is available through the school food services program at a cost of .50 per day. (Free and reduced price milk is available to qualifying families.)
Children may choose to bring a drink from home. Drinks such as 100% fruit juice, milk or water are encouraged.
Children are not allowed to trade or share snack.
Our classroom is peanut/tree nut free. Here is a list of snack ideas to help you keep our classroom a safe environment for all of our children.
Please double check ingredient lists in case company has changed processing information. Make sure the package does not say: may contain traces of nuts, or peanut/nut flour or oil or processed in a facility that contains nuts.
Please provide a healthy choice for your child's snack (no cookies or candy please) and a drink of 100% Juice, water or milk.
- All fresh fruit
- Dole Fruit Bowls
- Del Monte Fruit to go cups
- Sun-Maid Raisins
- Applesauce cups
- Motts Fruit sauces
- All fresh vegetables
- Carrots and dip
- Celery sticks with cream cheese
- Honey Maid Cinnamon Grahams, sticks and Honey Grahams and sticks
- Ritz Crackers (plain only)
- Keebler Club Crackers
- Sportz Cheddar Crackers
- Kraft Handi-Snacks Cinnamon Graham Crackers w/ applesause dip
- Kraft Handi-Snacks Crackers with Cheese Dip
- Goldfish crackers (Cheddar and plain, check labels on others)
Jellos and Puddings
- Kraft Handi-Snacks: Gels, Vanilla & Chocolate Pudding
- Hunts: Jello, Vanilla & Chocolate Pudding
- Dole Fruit and Gel Bowls
- Jello: Gelatin ucps, Vanilla, Chocolate and Oreo Pudding
- String Cheese
- Cheese and Ritz Crackers
- Cold Grilled Cheese sticks
- Rice Krispie Treats (plain only)
- Nabisco Animal Crackers
- Snyders Pretzels (not nuggets)
- Yogurt (not chocolate or nut flavored)
- Only Betty Crocker or Nabisco Fruit Snacks (not Brachs)
- Fruit Roll-Ups
- Fruit by the Foot
- Shark Bites
- Scooby Doo Fruit Snacks
- Hi-C Fruit Snacks
Most snacks containing chocolate usually contain nuts or trace nuts.