Developmental Centers are centers that we have daily in the afternoon. These are centers where the children interact during cooperative play. Social skills are the main emphasis of many of these centers. The science and math centers are also included in the afternoon centers.
Developmental centers are not just play - we are learning...
- to communicate
- to share
- to develop respect for others
- to problem solve
- to work and play in groups
- to follow classroom rules
- to express thoughts and feelings appropriately
- to make choice and decisions