Online Spring Bookfair!!
Families are invited to shop our virtual Scholastic Book Fair online from April 5-18th. All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series and more.
You'll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
~Over 6,000 items including new releases, best sellers and value packs
~All orders ship direct to home
~FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
~All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click "Shop Now" to get started!
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
On Monday, March 22nd, we begin welcoming students (Preschool - Grade 2) back into the building for 4-days of in-school learning and next week, March 29th, we welcome Grades 3-5. We have been looking forward to this day all year long! Please click on the headline to be directed to the District's Spring Learning Plan, which was emailed to families on March 18th. For building specific information, see SBB's 3/19/21 newsletter, and as always - please contact the school with any questions or concerns.
SB Butler's SBAC Schedule for 2021
SBAC testing at SB Butler is be coming up in May as per the schedule below. Please see either of the attached copies of the March 30th letter from Susan Austin, Superintendent of Schools explaining the process and the importance of 100% participation in these annual assessments.
The end of the school year marks the end of an era as SB Butler school will close after being open since 1952. Please visit our new online logowear site https://www.bonfire.com/sbbutler/ to order your commemorative gear.
SB Butler PTO's Facebook page contains Loads of useful information for SBB Families. Please click here to be redirected.
SB Butler Elementary School yearbooks are now available for pre-purchase!
Books can be purchased for $20 each, payable by credit card here: https://tinyurl.com/2b9m5nmu
Your photos are needed! Please email your full-distance and hybrid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 860-460-8695 for inclusion in the yearbook. Be sure to include your student's name with the photo.
Final date to purchase a yearbook is April 23. Yearbooks will be delivered to students in June.
Questions? Please contact Gretchen Romilly at email@example.com. Thank you!
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 21 - 5pm Virtual PTO meeting, see the PTO page for meeting info and agenda
- May 5 - 5pm Virtual PTO meeting, see the PTO page for meeting info and agenda
- May 11 - TLI day, early release for students
- May 31 - Memorial Day, no school for students and staff
- June 2 - 5pm Virtual PTO meeting, see the PTO page for meeting info and agenda
- June 17 - Last Day of School!! Early Release Day for Students
If your child is having trouble with their district issued device, please contact IT Technical Support at 860-449-7297.
All School News and Events
- Student drop-off time 8:40am
- Parent pick-up will be from the pick-up lane starting at 3:10pm. Parents must remain in their cars. Staff members will radio for students to be released to parents.
- SBB is a nut-free zone. Please keep this in mind when planning your child's snack and lunch
- Bus schedules have been posted to the district website - please check for your child's pickup and dropoff time
- Out-of-state travel - please adhere to state guidelines and notify the school if you will be traveling and if your child needs to quarantine upon return
- If you are having trouble with your district-issued device, please contact Technical Support at 860-449-7297
Please follow the above link to be directed to the SBB Dismissal Form that should be completed prior to the first day of school if possible. Student safety is our #1 priority, and we want to ensure that students are leaving the building at the end of the day according to your plan. Thank you for your cooperation.
Welcome to Kindergarten at S.B. Butler!
Please click here to be directed to our SBB Kindergarten site. We hope that this website we have created will help as your family transitions to having a new Kindergartner in the family! You will find book suggestions, a countdown calendar, and pages for what to expect as your child enters Kindergarten. We are so excited to meet you all!