SWITCH TO FULL-REMOTE LEARNING
Due to the increased number of COVID cases in the community, Groton Public Schools will shift to full distance learning next week. This is an administrative and safety decision based on the number of students and staff that need to quarantine/isolate due to COVID-19.
As a reminder, Monday, January 18, is the Martin Luther King holiday and there is no school. The remainder of the week starting on Tuesday, January 19, will be full distance learning.
Susan L. Austin, Superintendent
Groton Public Schools
Virtual Winter Recital!!
As we wind down the last week of school before the holiday break, please take a moment to enjoy our Virtual Winter Recital on Flipgrid! You'll see and hear just a portion of our many talented students here at SBB! The entire presentation is a little over an hour, so don't feel like you need to watch it in one sitting!
We hope you have a fantastic holiday - and Enjoy!
Mrs. Martelle, Mr. Kasle & Mr. Schneider
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Day (No School for Students & Staff)
- January 19-22 - Full-Remote Learning
- January 29 - Picture Make-Up Day (during the morning)
- February 3 - Virtual PTO Meeting, 7pm. See the PTO page for access instructions
S. B. Butler Picture Make-up Day
Friday, January 29th
Picture Makeup Day (Distant Learner Photos) has been rescheduled for Friday, January 29th.
If your child is a distant learner and you would like them to be photographed, please contact the office. If you have already scheduled an appointment time - this time will remain the same for January 29th.
Please call or email Mrs. Clang (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your child's picture appointment. During periods of full distance learning, email will be the best way to reach the office.
If your child is having trouble with their district issued device, please contact IT Technical Support at 860-449-7297.
All School News and Events
- Student drop-off time 8:40am
- Parent pick-up will be from the pick-up lane starting at 3:10pm. Parents must remain in their cars. Staff members will radio for students to be released to parents.
- SBB is a nut-free zone. Please keep this in mind when planning your child's snack and lunch
- Bus schedules have been posted to the district website - please check for your child's pickup and dropoff time
- Out-of-state travel - please adhere to state guidelines and notify the school if you will be traveling and if your child needs to quarantine upon return
- If you are having trouble with your district-issued device, please contact Technical Support at 860-449-7297
Please follow the above link to be directed to the SBB Dismissal Form that should be completed prior to the first day of school if possible. Student safety is our #1 priority, and we want to ensure that students are leaving the building at the end of the day according to your plan. Thank you for your cooperation.
The end of the school year marks the end of an era as SB Butler school will close after being open since 1952. Please visit our new online logowear site https://www.bonfire.com/sbbutler/ to order your commemorative gear.
SB Butler PTO's Facebook page contains Loads of useful information for SBB Families. Please click here to be redirected.
Welcome to Kindergarten at S.B. Butler!
Please click here to be directed to our SBB Kindergarten site. We hope that this website we have created will help as your family transitions to having a new Kindergartner in the family! You will find book suggestions, a countdown calendar, and pages for what to expect as your child enters Kindergarten. We are so excited to meet you all!
GPS Hybrid Learning Plan
The District has been working hard to develop a learning plan as we enter into this new school year. Please click below to be directed to the Groton Public Schools (GPS) Hybrid Learning Plan. Thank you.