Groton Public Schools will shift to Full Distance Learning for the 2-week period following Thanksgiving.
November 30 - December 11 ~ all instruction will be provided remotely.
In-person classes will resume Monday, December 14th.
Holiday Wreath/Poinsettia Sale
Beautiful balsam wreaths and colorful poinsettias from Pequot Plant Farm are being offered by the PTO.
Deadline for orders to be placed online is Monday, November 30th. If you are sending an order form to school - it must be turned in no later than Tuesday, November 24th. After that - order forms with payment must be delivered directly to Mouang Jopson at the address provided on the order form no later than November 30th.
Items must be picked up at school on Wednesday, December 2nd between 3 and 5:30pm.
Questions? Contact Mouang Jopson at 860-460-8131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wed-Fri, November 25-17 - Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- November 30 - December 11 - All District Schools Full Virtual Learning
- Wednesday, December 2nd - Wreath & Poinsettia Pickup at school 3-5:30pm
- Thursday, December 17th - Picture Day for Distant Learners & Retake Day
- December 24 - January 1 - Winter Holiday Break (no school)
S. B. Butler Picture Days
Picture Makeup Day (Distant Learner Photos) - Thursday, December 17th
Picture Make-Up Day has been moved to December 17th because of the district decision to close all schools between November 30 and December 11. If your child is a distant learner and you would like them to be photographed, please contact the office. We will be scheduling distant learners to be photographed on the Makeup Day, Thursday, December 17th.
Please call or email Mrs. Clang (email@example.com) to schedule your child's picture appointment. During our period of full distance learning, email will be the best way to reach the office.
If your child is having trouble with their district issued device, please contact IT Technical Support at 860-449-7297.
News From the Kitchen
Due to a milk shortage - we are unable to include milk with the take home meals sent home on Friday, November 20th - we apologize for any inconvenience.
Please see the district food services site for all questions "Food Services" related!!
All School News and Events
- Student drop-off time 8:40am
- Parent pick-up will be from the pick-up lane starting at 3:10pm. Parents must remain in their cars. Staff members will radio for students to be released to parents.
- SBB is a nut-free zone. Please keep this in mind when planning your child's snack and lunch
- Bus schedules have been posted to the district website - please check for your child's pickup and dropoff time
- Out-of-state travel - please adhere to state guidelines and notify the school if you will be traveling and if your child needs to quarantine upon return
- If you are having trouble with your district-issued device, please contact Technical Support at 860-449-7297
Please follow the above link to be directed to the SBB Dismissal Form that should be completed prior to the first day of school if possible. Student safety is our #1 priority, and we want to ensure that students are leaving the building at the end of the day according to your plan. Thank you for your cooperation.
SBB PTO is kicking off their annual wreath & poinsettia sale just in time for you holiday decorating. Once again featuring beautiful items from Pequot Plant Farm. Please click here to download an order form, or visit https://go.rallyup.com/butlerholiday to place an order online. Orders are due by November 30th - Delivery on December 2nd. See the PTO page for more info.
SB Butler PTO's Facebook page contains Loads of useful information for SBB Families. Please click here to be redirected.
Welcome to Kindergarten at S.B. Butler!
Please click here to be directed to our SBB Kindergarten site. We hope that this website we have created will help as your family transitions to having a new Kindergartner in the family! You will find book suggestions, a countdown calendar, and pages for what to expect as your child enters Kindergarten. We are so excited to meet you all!
GPS Hybrid Learning Plan
The District has been working hard to develop a learning plan as we enter into this new school year. Please click below to be directed to the Groton Public Schools (GPS) Hybrid Learning Plan. Thank you.