New Student Registration
Welcome to Groton Public Schools!
We are so happy you will be joining us.
Your child will be eligible to begin Groton Public Schools once you have:
You will need to create an account in our Parent Portal using an email.
- Required documents an be uploaded in the online registration portal (preferred), provided in person by appointment, mailed or faxed.
3. Met all State of CT Health requirements.
Newly enrolled students will not be permitted to physically enter their assigned school building if they are deemed non-compliant with State of CT Health requirements.
Complete the New Student Registration Form Online
Choose this form if:
- Your child will be starting Kindergarten in September 2022. (If they will be 5 on or before January 1, 2023.)
- You are registering a new student for another grade, who will be joining us starting in September due to a move or transfer.
Required Registration Document Checklist:
Proof of residency in Groton, such as:
- A copy of the current mortgage statement or original lease agreement for your Groton residence; or
- Two pieces of mail, such as a current utility bill for your Groton residence; or
- A car registration, with your Groton residence, and one piece of mail.
Policy P 5112.2 Admission Requirements for Resident Students outlines all acceptable proof of residency documentation.
Your Picture ID, such as:
- A driver's license, military id, or passport
Proof of legal guardianship is also required if you are not the birth parent or if you are divorced, such as: adoption papers, court order clarifying guardianship, guardianship papers from Probate Court, DCF form 603 (must be signed by DCF or legal designee).
Proof of Your Child's Age, such as:
- A Birth Certificate, adoption records, or medical records or verified school records if they include a date of birth.
Current Physical Exam and Immunization Records
- Proof of a physical exam with a completed Health Assessment Record (HAR-3) signed by a health care professional. Physical must be within the past 12 months of the anticipated school start date.
- Per the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health proof of immunizations is required. Click here for 2021-2022 Immunization Requirements.
Once you've completed the Online Registration Form a member of the Groton Public Schools registration office will contact you to confirm your child's registration and advise you of next steps.
If you have any questions, contact us:
Groton Public Schools Registration
Appointments are held at the Groton Public Schools Administrative Offices located at 1300 Flanders Road, Mystic, CT 06355.