Please click HERE for the January 30, 2023 Parent/Family Newsletter!
Please click HERE for the January MRMS Newsletter for Parents and Families.
Please click HERE to read the December Newsletter from Mr. Wheeler, MRMS Principal.
Check out our recent newsletter for more information about school pictures, our upcoming vaccination clinic, and other school information.
To view your student's report card, you will need to access the Parent Portal. For directions on creating a parent account, please click HERE. For directions on how to access reports cards on the Parent Portal, please click HERE.
Mystic River Magnet School
Theme: Active Exploration - Play and Ingenuity
The power of play motivates students to connect with, actively explore, and joyfully engage with their surrounding world.
- Steve Wheeler, Principal of Mystic River Magnet School
Our Play and Ingenuity Magnet School will find new ways to engage our students meaningfully in interest based learning with a focus on Active Exploration. Students will benefit from making social emotional connections in creative, hands on learning environments while working collaboratively and thinking critically with their peers.
- Grades K-2 - Active Exploration features developmentally appropriate play based learning that provides active exploration of topics. While building and strengthening brain pathways, children will create meaning through play and problem solving across disciplines.
- Grades 3-5 - Active Exploration features games that promote mental and physical play and learning with a problem-solving framework to understand information across content areas. Collaboration between students and teachers will support solving complex problems across disciplines.
MRMS Program Partner:
- Life is Good Playmakers from Boston
- The Life is Good Super Power Curriculum is researched based with a focus on social/emotional skills through play and cooperation. Staff will take part in training that will help to develop these skills and look to infuse play based learning, as well as strengthening character, feelings, and emotions for our students.
Optimism is powerful. When human beings grow their capacity to see and focus on the goodness in themselves, others, and the world, their social, emotional, and cognitive superpowers emerge.
- Steve Wheeler, Principal