We are hosting a virtual book fair this fall! Look for flyers and additional information coming home. The book fair will be open from Monday, October 18th to Sunday, October 31st. Please click HERE to access our book fair page. All purchases help support our school. Happy reading!
WELCOME TO MYSTIC RIVER ACTIVE EXPLORATION MAGNET SCHOOL
Please click on the link for important information about the 2021-22 school year.
Please click on the link to access the Student Dismissal Form.
Don't forget to keep reading over the summer and keep track of the books you read with your child!
Mystic River Magnet School Opening September 2021
Theme: Active Exploration - Play and Ingenuity
The power of play motivates students to connect with, actively explore, and joyfully engage with their surrounding world.
- Steve Wheeler, Principal of Mystic River Magnet School
Our Play and Ingenuity Magnet School will find new ways to engage our students meaningfully in interest based learning with a focus on Active Exploration. Students will benefit from making social emotional connections in creative, hands on learning environments while working collaboratively and thinking critically with their peers.
- Grades K-2 - Active Exploration features developmentally appropriate play based learning that provides active exploration of topics. While building and strengthening brain pathways, children will create meaning through play and problem solving across disciplines.
- Grades 3-5 - Active Exploration features games that promote mental and physical play and learning with a problem-solving framework to understand information across content areas. Collaboration between students and teachers will support solving complex problems across disciplines.
We are so excited to meet you and welcome you to a new year at Mystic River Magnet School. We have been busy over the summer getting ready for our new friends - click on the heading for more info about what to expect this year. The new Kindergarten website is a work in progress - so keep checking back!
Kindergarten Assessments: Parents will be receiving phone calls from staff to set up appointments for K assessments taking place the week of September 7th. Remember, Kindergarten students start school on Monday, September 16th. See you soon!!
MRMS Program Partner:
- Life is Good Playmakers from Boston
- The Life is Good Super Power Curriculum is researched based with a focus on social/emotional skills through play and cooperation. Staff will take part in training that will help to develop these skills and look to infuse play based learning, as well as strengthening character, feelings, and emotions for our students.
Optimism is powerful. When human beings grow their capacity to see and focus on the goodness in themselves, others, and the world, their social, emotional, and cognitive superpowers emerge.
- Steve Wheeler, Principal
Mystic River Magnet School
160 Fishtown Rd. Mystic, CT 06355