Youth Sponsorship Program
Military families experience frequent relocations. Moving around so much can be really tough. When youth transition to a new community, it can be scary and exciting. The Youth Sponsorship Program is a way to make the move to a new area a little less scary.
Common Questions youth may have
- Who will be my friends?
- What will my new school be like?
- What activities or sports are available?
- Will I fit in?
- What are the other kids wearing?
The Youth Sponsorship Programs consists of three major components
- Outreach - Identify incoming youth, providing them with information and opportunities before they arrive
- Newcomer Orientation - Providing information and materials on the programs and services available on the installation and in the surrounding community
- Peer to Peer - Connecting youth currently attached to the installation with a Youth Sponsor
Moving to the area and interested in a connecting with a Youth Sponsor? Please click here to visit New London Subase Youth Center