FHS Summer School
We will continue to use the APEX Personalized digital curriculum for the Summer School Program. This personalized digital curriculum is for all levels of learning and learning styles. The summer school credit recovery program with APEX supports student success through the daily sessions at the FHS Summer School Site while also allowing students to complete course work from home. Students not making adequate academic progress on weekly basis will need to check in with teachers on daily basis. To maintain the integrity of independent learning, students will take their assessments at the FHS site during the scheduled daily sessions. Teachers will be available on site from Tuesday through Friday from 8 AM to 10:30 AM in the FHS media center. On these days and times, students will have the opportunity for face-to-face time with teachers to troubleshoot questions and/or to review/discuss subject material. Please take time to review summer school information, expectations, registration, and cost of summer school courses in the proceeding pages.
Summer School Expectations
Board of Education expectations apply during the Summer School Program. FHS Summer Directors reserve the right to dismiss any student for any serious disruption of the Summer School educational setting. Completion of courses will be dependent on student commitment to the following:
- Students must attend the 2.5 hour daily sessions
- Students must complete the course requirements by the end of the summer school session
- Identify plan for successful completion of course assignments and assessments by setting daily and weekly personal goals
- Check in with teacher on weekly basis as needed to academic success
Summer School FAQ
- When Does Summer School Start?
- What Days Do We Meet?
- What Does Summer School Cost?
- Is There Financial Assistance Available?
- How Do I Register?
There are several registration options to accommodate our FHS families and non-district students. Students and parents are strongly encouraged to communicate with the School Counseling Department to identify specific summer school courses to take.
- In Person - A Final Registration will be held in Mr. Romano’s office, located within the main office of Fitch High School.
June 25th PM Session 5:30-7:00
July 2nd AM Session 8:00-10:00
Questions About The Program