WEEK OF 4/19-4/23
Monday 4/19, Tuesday 4/20 - In Person
Wednesday 4/22 – Distant learning for all
Thursday 4/22, Friday 4/23 - In Person
**Please remember Attendance is taken on Distant Learning Days
SBAC for Remote Learners in Grade 3, 4, 5
4/21, 4/28, 5/5; Grade 5 only 5/6 --9:30 to 11:30
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BELOW**
WEDNESDAYS will be HALF DAYS IN-SCHOOL
STARTING MAY 5
Dismissal will be 11:55am (this is a different time than an Early Dismissal)
Students will have a grab and go lunch to bring home. Lunch is not eaten at school.
Distance learners will zoom in for their lessons in the morning and complete other as assignments from their teachers
ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL
CC is a School of Distinction
based upon the 2018-2019 Next Generation Accountability Index
Please see the School and Family Compacts for your child(ren)'s grade level on the Family Information page.
Please take a moment and click on this LINK to a VERY HELPFUL SLIDESHOW that will ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS.
TECH SUPPORT NUMBER
TRIMESTER 2 REPORT CARDS are available
on the PARENT PORTAL.
**Please email Melanie Russell at email@example.com
if you need the instructions again for the PARENT PORTAL.
Dear CC Families,
We are so excited to having all of our grade levels back together. We will be back to 4 and a half days starting May 5. [See above for details.]
With the increase of students at school, Distant Learning (at-home learning) will look different from our current practices as teachers will have more students in front of them at school. We ask for your support and partnership as we move forward in this process.
Below is a summary of important points for Distant Learners (at-home):
- Teachers will continue to post assignments on Seesaw or Google classroom.
- [Please note that both in-school and at-home learners will have Seesaw or Google classrooms accounts as in-school learners will need the account for Wednesdays and if quarantining.]
- Teachers will post zoom lesson links during school hours of 8:55am to 3:10pm with the expectations for greater independence to complete assignments.
- Some grade levels may not be using pre-recorded lessons, so please make sure to link into the live zoom lessons as much as possible when assigned.
- Continue to check your child’s virtual classroom daily with your child to view the schedule of zoom links and assignments
· Students will commit to either full in-person or full remote learning for the rest of the school year.
· Attendance will be monitored daily and by period in accordance to the district attendance policy for in-person learners. If a student is not present at school, they will be marked as absent, according to the district policy. They will not be able to switch to remote learning for the day.
· Remote learner attendance will be monitored daily using attendance in zoom mini lessons, check-ins, and or completion of required assignments.
· District policy for vacations will also be in effect, and students will be marked absent if they are on vacation.
· Quarantined students will be moved to remote learning for the period of quarantine only
- All students will continue to be provided with remote learning and teacher support during their established office hours and/or Zoom meetings until May 5 when students will be IN SCHOOL for a HALF DAY.
Please also see the information sent by Susan Austin, Superintendent and that is posted to the GPS website.
Lastly, please feel free to contact me or your classroom teacher with further questions.
Thank you for your continued support,
Link below to GPS page. https://www.grotonschools.org/covid-19-health-updates/winter-spring-2021-plan
CC Virtual Art Gallery
MORE FUN INSTRUCTIONAL SITES BELOW!