Connecticut Teacher Residency Program
Resident Openings for the 2023-2024 School Year
The Connecticut Teacher Residency Program is an alternate route to elementary certification focused on increasing teachers of color across the state of Connecticut. Resident candidates will be enrolled in rigorous coursework for 18 months and serve in a paid residency position in a mentor teacher’s classroom for the school year. Residents will work in a partnering district and attend classes in one of our cohort locations in the Hartford, Hamden, Old Lyme, or Trumbull areas.
Learn More About the CT-TRP!
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the field of education
- Experience working with marginalized populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater
*Candidates with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 may apply, but must complete a waiver request.
- Residents earn a salary plus benefits (Equivalent to $28,000 from August 2023- June 2024)
- Two $2000 summer stipends
- Eligible for a full-time teaching position in a partner district upon successfully completing the program and certification requirements.
- Elementary education certification with a three-year commitment to teach in a partner district
- Coursework – Six weeks of summer classes and evening classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 18 months: June 2023 – December 2024
- Residency – One year in a Mentor Teacher’s classroom for hands-on experience and student teaching: August 2023 – June 2024
- Certification – edTPA, Foundation of Reading Test, Praxis II: August 2023 – July 2024
- Teaching – Full-time teaching position and support beginning August 2024
For more information, please contact Kennedy Briscoe, CT Teacher Residency Program operations coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-490-8707.